DSM-02 driver fatigue monitor system is designed with AI algorithm that can detect fatigue, yawn, calling, smoking and distraction, it can protect your life and property in an easy accept way; it also has RS232 and I/O output that can easily connect with your current device such as MDVR and GPS tracker.
- Fatigue, yawn, calling, smoking – The eyelid closure, the mouth opening, smart phone and LIGHTED cigarette are detected during driving and the device will be triggered.
- Distraction(e.g.: turning head left/right or up/down off the road, texting, eating/drinking) The alarm will be made when the gaze is beyond the safe zone shown in the following figures.
Comp & Basics
Bracket & screws
3M sticker pad
Screws & Allen Wrench (option)
Car Cigarette Lighter Plug
Firmware update cable (option)
1. Camera lens
2. Infrared Illuminator
3. Status LED
4. Power cable
5. Micro-USB connector (UART port)(For firmware update cable)
6. Button, for speaker test, press an hold for 1s to make device speak ‘OK’
Power, DC 5.5x2.5
Vibrator jack (SM-2.54-3P)
Red: VCC (ignition+), Black: GND, Blue: Trigger signal
RS232 jack (SM-2.54-4P)
Red: DC 5V, Black: GND, Blue: RX, Green: TX
1. Fatigue, yawn, calling, smoking
The eyelid closure, the mouth opening, smart phone and LIGHTED cigarette are detected during driving and the device will be triggered.
2. Distraction(e.g.: turning head left/right or up/down off the road, texting, eating/drinking)
The alarm will be made when the gaze is beyond the safe zone shown in the following figures.
Front View (gaze zone)
Side View (gaze zone)
1. Gaze zone: Green – Safe, Red – Unsafe.
2. If the gaze is at relatively stable off the green zone (e.g. reading smart phone when over 2s), the device will triggered.
1.(*1) Cool down means that the device doesn‘t alert about the same dangerous status. More description was shown in page 14.
2. RS232 and GPIO trigger signal output (not shown) is always with alerting.
Work with Your System
It is just a step away for the connection, and the following diagram shows the generic flowchart of DSM-02.
DSM-02 supports more than 2 UART(RS232 ) protocols: compatible with T/JSATL12—2017 (Chinese short name is “苏标” and Leisure auto private protocol to send up to 8-bit frames (characters), baud rate is 115200, has 1 stop bit and no parity.
DSM-02 output packet: 0x55 0xAA 0x 01 0x01 0x01 0x00 0x02 0x01, which means the device detects the driver’s status is fatigue.
Spec & Standards
|Face type||All,+ Glasses|
|Dtection Scope||Face, Eye, Mouse, Phone, Cigarette & Head-pose|
|Working Condition||Day and Night|
|Working Distance||EFL 6mm lens: 50~85cm (20~33 inch)|
|EFL 8mm lens: 70~105cm (28~41 inch)|
|Recognition Rate||Fatigue||96.5% @ naked eyes / 95.2%@glasses|
|Distraction||96.4% @ all|
|Calling(*)||91.6% @ all|
|Yawning(*)||92.3% @ all|
|Smoking(*)||91.2% @ all|
|Alarm Type||Speak voice, Buzz|
|Input Power||DC 8~24V, 1A|
|Status Output Interface||UART(TTL& RS232), GPIO|
|Working Temperature||-20℃ ~ +70℃|
|Demension & Weight||93×50×37 mm & 623g|
1. (*) This is the optional, based on customer requirements.
2. The device is designed by Leisure Auto Safety Technology Ltd., made in China.
Step 1: select the location
Step 2: define the distance
1. The distance(D) between eye and device MUST be within range as the below:
EFL 6mm lens: 50~85cm, 70cm is recommended ( for truck & car)
EFL 8mm lens: 70~105cm, 90cm is recommended (for bus)
2. Make sure to position the device between the forehead and armpit, otherwise the performance of device will be significantly reduced.
If the dashboard of your vehicle is too low, you need to choose other higher bracket.
Step 3: Fine Tuning
*Working with the phone (Apps), doing the following steps:
1. Fix the bracket with corrective installation distance.
2. Tap the begin button, a black face outline is displayer if your face is in the view filed of the lens.
3. Rotate slightly the device (far/close, up/down, left/right) till the face outline is overlapping with the blue line.
4. Tap the top button to end the calibration.
5. Screw tight the device, and the calibration is done.
Note: Suggest to check the calibrating by APP after doing step-5.
- APP calibration is necessary for getting the highest recognition rate of the device.
- Some specially coated corrective lens (inc. much thicker ones) and/or sunglasses can reduce the
- recognition rate.
- When hair blots out the eye, the device may make the alarming as fatigue function.
- When the strong sunlight is straight on the device (from side windows) or on driver’s face (from front
- windshield), the device may reduce the recognition rate.
- Make sure that the power is not turned off during the firmware updating, or it may cause the boot fail.
- If the update progress failed, please retry to update it once again.
- Not to disassemble, repair or modify the product, otherwise it may cause fire,electric shock, injury and
- other accidents. Please contact the after-sales service center for product repairing.
- DSM-02 is NOT a CCTV system, footage is NEVER saved in during the driving.
Have Any Qustions About Our Products? Please Leave us a Message.