The application of 77g millimeter wave radar and 24g millimeter wave radar in ADAS
In the field of automobile safety, millimeter wave radar, as one of the three sensing technologies of automatic driving, plays an important role. What are the similarities and differences between 79g millimeter wave radar and 24g millimeter wave radar in the application of ADAS?
1. From the perspective of cost, the cost of 24g millimeter wave radar is lower than that of 79g millimeter wave radar;
2. The range of 24GHz radar is short, and that of 79GHz radar is long (up to 150-200m). Therefore, 24g millimeter wave is generally installed on the side and tail of the car, which is mainly used for blind area anti-collision alarm (BSD), lane change assistance (LCA), door opening assistance and reversing anti-collision alarm. 79g millimeter wave can be installed in the front or side of the car, which is generally used for front anti-collision warning and automatic anti-collision alarm Cruise control (ACC), intelligent braking (AEBS) and lateral vehicle warning.
3. Compared with 24g millimeter wave radar, 79g millimeter wave radar has longer detection range, better range resolution, smaller detection volume and wider detection angle.
4. In terms of installation and debugging, 24g millimeter wave calibration is easier than 79g millimeter wave calibration, and 79g calibration is more complex.
5. The wavelength of 79g millimeter wave radar is shorter than that of 24g millimeter wave radar, and there are many more antennas. Therefore, only a few of them need to be installed on the key detection points of the car to achieve good results.
6. Leisure Auto 79g millimeter wave radar is a scheme for large vehicle safety management, which is suitable for more than 99% of the vehicle models on the market.
If you are looking for reliable OEM ADAS BSD manufacturer, please feel free to email [email protected], we will offer professional & customized ASAS BSD solution at reasonable price.